Hello! Welcome to the 19th edition of the Homeopathy Choice Insider. We’re so glad you’ve joined us! Every Monday, we bring you a closer look at what goes on behind the scenes at Americans for Homeopathy Choice as we diligently work to protect your access to homeopathic medicines.
If you’d like to read the summary of today’s report, scroll down to the end of this post!
- FDA has sent it’s draft guidance policy on the regulation of homeopathic medicines to the White House for review and finalization!
- It’s possible the FDA is making this move because their draft guidance has received so much attention and pushback that they want the White House to step in and finalize it for them.
- This is alarming because we have major concerns about this policy: it only outlines how the FDA will remove homeopathic medicines from the market!
- A good policy would outline how medicines should enter the market, not just how to remove them!
- AFHC is seeking a meeting at the White House with the office that would manage this draft guidance, but we also need your help!
- We will be sending out an Action Alert with steps you can take to help protect homeopathic medicines, so please sign up for our text alerts!
- Watch the AFHC Fall Pledge Drive Replay before it’s too late! Click the links at the bottom of today’s blog for shortcuts to the videos.
- These awesome interviews are only available for a limited time, but you can get get lifetime access by becoming a Bear Pack member with a $25 monthly donation.
- Our Fall and Spring Pledge Drives allow us to continue doing critical work to protect access to homeopathic medicines for you and future generations, but we need YOUR help to reach our goal – please consider donating today!
- Lastly, we’re taking a week off from our Insider Report for Thanksgiving, but please keep an eye out for our Action Alert, and we’ll see you back here in December!
Our job is not to change the world;
our job is to steward the gifts we’ve been given.
Summary of Today’s Episode:
Welcome again to the Homeopathy Choice Insider, where we give you up-to-date information about the state of homeopathy in America and tips on how you can help promote and protect homeopathy for ourselves and future generations. I’m Paola Brown, president of Americans for Homeopathy Choice, and today I have an urgent update for you about the FDA’s draft guidance policy for the regulation of homeopathic medicines.
Back in 2017, the FDA created a new guidance policy that would significantly impact how homeopathic medicines are regulated in the United States. This new policy was revised in 2019, but it has remained in draft form for five years. The problem with this new draft guidance is that it only outlines a removal path for how the FDA will identify homeopathic medicines that need to be removed from the marketplace. We’re very concerned about this because a good policy would outline how medicines should enter the marketplace and what manufacturers and brand owners need to do to have their products enter the market as opposed to just outlining all the ways the FDA is going to remove medicines from the market.
Just yesterday, we found out that the FDA has now sent this draft guidance to a special office at the White House to review and move forward with finalizing it. The FDA appears to be side-stepping their role by putting it on the White House to finalize it for them. This is not uncommon when a draft guidance gets a lot of attention or will have a major economic impact, and it’s possible that there have been so many public comments on this guidance and the FDA has gotten so much pushback on it that they’re kind of wanting the White House to step in and do it for them.
This move by the FDA is alarming and we must take urgent action. Americans for Homeopathy Choice is seeking a meeting at the White House with the office that would manage this draft guidance. We will also be sending out an Action Alert very soon with steps you can take to help protect our access to homeopathic medicines, so please keep an eye out for it. If you’re not part of our texting list, please sign up to get text message alerts from us at homeopathychoice.org/text
Many of us here at AFHC donate our time and drop whatever we’re doing in order to get important information to you and work diligently around the clock to protect your access to the vast range of homeopathic medicines – even during the holidays! But we can’t do everything we do without fundraising. If we don’t reach our pledge drive goals each Fall and Spring, we can’t keep up our work and efforts.
For a limited time, you can still watch all the amazing speakers we interviewed during our Fall Pledge drive last week! Please check it out and consider donating. We didn’t quite make our goal of $40K this last year but we are close at just over 35K. Anything you can do to donate to our cause would mean a lot! You can also get lifetime access to all our pledge drive videos (past and future) by becoming a Bear Pack member with a $25 monthly donation.
Finally, because Thanksgiving is around the corner, we will be taking a week off from our Insider Report, but please keep an eye out for our Action Alert, and we’ll see you back here in December!
Hugs and Homeopathy,
Watch the Pledge Drive videos here: