Hello from Americans for Homeopathy Choice! Thank you for taking the time to follow along as we talk about our favorite subject – homeopathy! We hope these posts inform you about the many ways homeopathy can be used in your everyday life and why it’s so important that we protect our access to it.
If you’d like to read the summary of today’s report, scroll down to the end of this post!
- Did you know that AFHC has been working hard for five years to protect your access to homeopathic medicines?
- AFHC is fighting for homeopathy on four fronts: uniting the homeopathic community, seeking appropriate FDA regulation, monitoring the federal courts for actions that affect homeopathy, and seeking federal legislation that will guarantee continued access to the full range of homeopathic medicines.
- Bringing together homeopathic consumers, practitioners and industry has been a primary goal of AFHC.
- Because of the united front AFHC has worked so hard to build, we have been able to stall regulatory changes the FDA is trying to make to undermine access to homeopathic medicines.
- Through the Homeopathy Action Team (HAT), AFHC has also been working with congress to build support across party lines, and twenty-five members from the House and Senate have already publicly announced their support for homeopathy in a letter to the FDA!
- These successes are unprecedented and amazing, but we still have a long way to go to ensure homeopathy is protected for the long-term.
- Stay tuned next week to learn how AFHC is using the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to continue the fight and uncover some major mysteries at the FDA.
Our job is not to change the world;
our job is to steward the gifts we’ve been given.
Summary of Today’s Episode:
Welcome again to Homeopathy Choice Insider, where we give you up-to-date information about the state of homeopathy in America and tips on how you can help promote and protect homeopathy for ourselves and for future generations. I’m Paola Brown, president of Americans for Homeopathy Choice.
Many of you know that Americans for Homeopathy Choice has been working for five years now to protect homeopathy from FDA actions that would undermine our access to the full range of homeopathic medicines. We have had some successes, but we are not yet close to the point where homeopathy is on solid ground for the long term.
You may not know much about how we got here. So today, I’m going to talk a little about our strategy, so you will understand the scope of our efforts.
We are fighting for homeopathy on four fronts:
- Within the homeopathy community, by uniting our community as this was something that we’ve been told was not happening before.
- Seeking appropriate regulation from the FDA that both protects consumers AND gives us access to the full range of homeopathic medicines.
- Monitoring the federal courts for actions that directly or indirectly affect homeopathy.
- Seeking federal legislation that will guarantee continued access to the full range of homeopathic medicines.
Perhaps the most important of these is a united homeopathy community. Without that, we could not represent all the things we are doing as the will of that community. Americans for Homeopathy Choice helped to create and participate in several organizations that bring together professional practitioners, consumers, and industry to find common ground and support actions on all our fronts.
By presenting a united front, we have been able to stall the finalization of the changes the FDA wishes to make to homeopathic medicine regulation. And we’ve proposed comprehensive alternative regulations for them to consider. Twenty-five members of Congress, including house and senate members from both political parties, have already gone public with their support of homeopathy in a letter to the FDA.
We have also been talking to members of Congress through our Homeopathy Action Team to build support across party lines for homeopathy. We are hoping to ultimately get legislation passed that will protect homeopathy. We monitor developments in federal courts and have yet to intervene. But we have retained legal counsel to assist us with both regulatory and legal matters. It’s a complicated business to advocate for an issue at the federal level. But it’s all necessary if we are going to protect homeopathy for ourselves and for future generations.
Thanks for listening. Stay tuned next week to learn about how AFHC is using the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) to continue the fight for homeopathy and uncover some major mysteries at the FDA!