Hello! We’re so glad you’re taking the time to join us for the 9th edition of the Homeopathy Choice Insider. We trust it’s been an eye-opening look at what we work so diligently to do, each week, at Americans for Homeopathy Choice.
If you’d like to read the summary of today’s report, scroll down to the end of this post!
- What we accomplished during Homeopathy on the Hill 2022
- What we asked for and Congress’s response.
- How the FDA responded
- Homeopathy on the Hill 2022 statistics
- The encouraging outcome
Our job is not to change the world; our job is to steward the gifts we’ve been given.
Summary of Today’s Episode:
On our Monday Insider, we’ve been talking about our grassroots advocacy team, the Homeopathy Action Team, or HAT for short, who work on building relationships with Congress at the Federal level. This week, I wanted to share with you some of the fantastic progress the HAT team had made just this past Spring when they held the 2022 homeopathy on the Hill event. The event was virtual, and almost all our meetings between the HAT team members and Congressional Staffers were done via zoom. All in all, the results are inspiring.
- First, the ask for this event was a follow-up to the letter congress sent to the FDA in Fall 2021. Thanks to our HAT team, the letter was signed by 25 members of Congress, and it had balanced bipartisan support. The letter Congress sent asked the FDA what path homeopathic medicines have to enter the market. This is because the FDA’s draft guidance is a removal policy, with no outline of how the medicines can meaningfully enter the market.
- In response to this request, the FDA provided Congress with a letter that never answered Congress’ question.
- So at HOH, HAT members asked that Congress reach out, once again, to the FDA and reiterate the question, pointing out that FDA never answered the original question in the first place. It was an excellent opportunity to get Congress engaged and to show the FDA that we are not backing down or disappearing quietly into the night.
- During HOH, Hat members had 120 meetings on capitol hill. There are 435 congressional districts, so this is a solid chunk of our congressional offices.
- Of these meetings, 87% said it was very positive, and 0 meetings were reported as negative.
- Homeopathy knowledge increased by 15% among the Congressional offices we met with, and understanding of the DG on homeopathy increased by 35%. These are solid numbers, especially when we consider that there is a high turnover of congressional staffers.
Remember that history will judge us for what we did and didn’t do. And when it comes to homeopathy, we need to stand up for what is right and good. We hope you’ll be on the right side of history and join us in this critical work.
We are talking so much about the HAT team because it is our most precious asset and the most excellent chance to win our fight to protect homeopathy in the USA. OK! That’s it for this week. Join us next week as we discuss another inspiring story inside the HAT.